Solicitor of the Court of England & Wales Founder RS Collaboration
Trained Coach and Facilitator
Business and Human Rights Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Commercial Law
Ruby Sandhu Solicitor of the Court of England & Wales Founder RS Collaboration Trained Coach and Facilitator Business and Human Rights Corporate Social Responsibility Mediation Corporate Commercial Law Ruby Sandhu started her career in law as a lecturer with the Civic Education Project funded by the Soros Foundation in Eastern Europe after the breakup of the Soviet Union post socialist states. She returned to the UK and trained as a corporate commercial lawyer with a leading city firm and took associate consultancy and partnership roles.
Clients have included PEPs, Governments, mining companies and NGOs as well as work with social investors and entrepreneurs with a focus on social impact.
She founded RS Collaboration to allow her passion for social impact a platform from which to develop innovative solutions involving a strategic and collaborative approach to the practical implementation of the emerging norms and good practice to CSR and Business and Human Rights to address issues of sustainability.
Ruby serves as a member of the Law Society, Business and Human Rights Advisory Group and Vice Chair of the Solicitors International Human Rights Group.
Countries assigned to and for legal work: Russia, Venezuela, Nigeria, Singapore, Western Sahara, USA, Canada, Kazakhstan, Bulgaria, Belgium, France, Italy, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, India, Thailand, Eritrea, Pakistan, China, Japan, Dubai, Portugal, DRC, Cameroon.
Publications and Appearances
- Interactive Lecture at the University of Westminster, LPC students,“C21st Lawyers”(April 2015)
- Article on “The Debilitating Context” for Corporate Citizenship online magazine (March 2015)
- published in the IBA (2015)
- Workshop at the University of Cambridge for undergraduate and postgraduate students (Feb 2015)
- Authored Paper on ‘Eritrea: Nation Building, Business Ethics and Sustainability’ IALS (Dec 2012)
- Chapter on Sustainability in Eritrea for leading Sustainability Publication (March 2015)
- Article for the Law Society newsletter on Lawyers and the Responsibility to Respect (2014) Ruby Sandhu Solicitor of the Court of England & Wales Founder RS Collaboration Trained Coach and Facilitator Business and Human Rights Corporate Social Responsibility Mediation Corporate Commercial Law
- Report on Business Ethics and Sustainability, published SIHRG (2014)
- Speaker at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies lecture on Business Ethics (2014)
- Speaker at the Law Society’s International Human Rights Conference (December 2014)
- Speaker at High Net Worth conference for private individuals at Dorchester, Park Lane (2014)
- Speaker at the A4ID panellist event at White & Case LLP on CSR (September 2014)
- Speaker at the Emerge Conference, Said Business School, University of Oxford (2013 and 2014)
- A4ID – article and interview for blog on lawyers and sustainability (August 2014)
- Speaker at the TBLI Conference in London on Ethics in the Legal Profession (2012)
- Speaker at Ashridge Business School on Human Rights and the Law (2012)
- Article Charities Magazine “Business Human Rights due diligence” (2012)
- Article Charities Magazine “Choosing a Trust Manager” (2012)
- Prepared a briefing to the Law Society BHRAG on the UN Guiding Principles (2011)
- Article IBA newsletter “What of Sustainability” (2011).